We are planning a week-long big way skills camp (flat flying) in Taupo starting 4 April 2022. Big thanks to TTS for having us! We will start with smaller formations and hopefully build up to attempting a new NZ record by the end of the week. If we have enough willing and able participants we will attempt a new NZ Ladies Record and a new NZ Record.
We are still working out the details of this event, but we would like you to register your interest NOW (pretty please) so we can understand if there is enough interest. DO IT! Please note that there will be minimum experience requirements for this event. Registering your interest does not guarantee you a slot at the camp (see requirements below). We will work out costs and other details as soon as we can.
Here’s the plan for the camp so far:
April 4 & 5th – Big way warm up camp with ladies record attempt if we have enough interest. Boys are welcome to come to this part of the camp too. This is intended to be a 2 day warm up camp, weather day is 6th April.
April 7th to 10th – Big way camp with NZ record attempt. Multi plane formations and hopefully building a 40 way or as big as we can safely go. You must come to all 4 days of the big way camp if you want to take part…even if you are a big way ninja.
Sound exciting?!? It does to us! If you want to join NZPF Big Way Camp 2022 you will need to:
(1) Complete this form ASAP to register your interest: https://forms.gle/rr9koAHWboGbi36z9
(2) Hold an NZ Star Crest (Details here: https://docs.google.com/…/19yLK7Wt67cTC…/edit… )
(3) Have completed your NZPIA High Altitude Exam (https://www.nzpia.co.nz/requirements/High-Altitude )
(4) Attend at least one of the training camps during summer 2021/2022 that will be taking place at Skydive Auckland, Taupo Tandem Skydive and Skydive Abel Tasman;
(5) Have safe skills in big way skydiving as assessed by one of our LOs including exit, approach, docking, tracking, canopy control and landing;
(6) Have appropriate skydiving equipment including an RW jumpsuit with grips; AND
(7) Be a current member of the NZPF.
If you have any difficulty meeting the above criteria but you would like to work out a progression path to achieve what you need to take part, we would love to hear from you. There will be training events throughout the summer at Skydive Auckland, Taupo Tandem Skydive and Skydive Abel Tasman to help you get your NZ Star Crest and get ready for big ways.
Email us with any questions.